No. SNOO is designed to give babies a mix of movement + white noise, just as your baby enjoyed in the womb. For thousands of years, mothers have noted that simultaneous rocking and shushing work best to lull babies into slumber. In fact, white noise is so beneficial for sleep. Dr. Karp recommends parents continue using it long after their child has outgrown SNOO (to at least 1-year of age...or many years more!).
Articles in this section
- How is SNOO keeping my baby safe?
- Will my baby get too dependent on the motion?
- On the highest speed, my baby’s head jiggles more than I expected. Is this safe? (Video Tutorial)
- How has SNOO been tested for safety?
- How does the SNOO promote safe sleep?
- Should my baby be asleep or awake when I put her in SNOO?
- Is the sound safe for my baby's hearing?
- Can I use the SNOO for twins/multiples?
- Will the constant rocking harm my baby?
- Can I use my SNOO for my second child?