Follow these 3 simple steps for great swaddling:
- Open the sack and inner bands and lay your baby down (shoulders 2-3” higher than the neckline of the sack).
- Close the inner band—very snugly! The bottom edge should cover the hand, just leaving the fingers exposed. (If the band is too high on the arm, the neckline may ride up onto the baby’s chin.)
- Now, snug the top of the sack up and over each shoulder…and zip the sack completely at the top and bottom. (The neckline should now be well below your child’s chin.)
Place your baby in SNOO with her feet at the end nearest to the power button. Slide each elastic wing loop all the way onto each safety clip.
You’re all set!
It is only safe to use the SNOO Sack with the zipper fully closed at the top and bottom. Upon laying your baby down—whether SNOO is on or off—always ensure your child’s safety by securing the swaddle’s wings to the safety clips.
- If your baby’s arms wiggle free, make sure the bands are very snug and cover most of your baby’s hand. If they still wiggle free, click here for Houdini-proof swaddling tips.
- If your baby fights the swaddling, pick her up and feed her—even if she was recently fed, she may need just a few minutes more—or use strong white noise and the rest of the 5 S’s to soothe her.