Most babies sleep great on SNOO's normal baseline level (blue), but many sleep better with a bit more motion + sound…all night long. That’s why Change Baseline is a parent favorite feature!
For example, a baby’s sleep may be disturbed by a little cold, growth spurt, teething, etc. In those cases, increasing the baseline to Level 1 (purple) or Level 2 (green) all night for a few weeks can often get the baby back into a better sleep pattern. The blue level may be too gentle and slow...to distract an infant from the sensation of a stuffy nose or mild hunger.
Frequently, babies go through a major sleep regression at 3-4 months of age. It is a time when infants become much more social—nosey!—and interested in the world. They may wake up and cry out every few hours just to play or to have a little company. Increasing the baseline for a few weeks can often help guide them back to a better sleep pattern. To change this feature, follow the instructions below:
For iOS devices:
- Head over the Setting icon at the bottom of your screen
- Under the Preferences category, click on Starting Level Motion
- Check whichever level you would like SNOO to begin on!
For Android devices:
- Click on the Menu Bar > select Settings
- Select My SNOO > click SNOO Starts on Baseline
- Choose any level you prefer SNOO to start on